The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is largely a volunteer driven organization. Most
of the Vincentians (volunteers) belong to groups called Conferences. Our Conferences are
located in Catholic parishes throughout the central and south-western part of the State of
START A CONFERENCE IN YOUR PARISH
We are always in need of new Conferences which are the "grass roots" of Vincentian organization. If you are interested in starting a Conference within your
parish here are some basic steps to take:
- Ask the priest/parish council and others to personally support the start-up of a Conference and to invite prospective members to join.
- Contact the Archdiocesan Council of Oklahoma City to schedule an "Invitation to Serve" by going to the "Contact Us" page and sending an e-mail to us
or call us at 405-364-0896. Notices of the upcoming "Invitation to Serve" will be placed in the parish bulletin prior to the presentation to the
parishioners either before or following the weekend masses.
- Next, schedule a follow-up meeting for those who expressed an interest in joining. During this short meeting, prospective members will learn what
types of work members of a Society of St. Vincent de Paul conference do within their local communities to assist the needy.
- Conference members will elect a President and the President will appoint officers.
- Conferences meet at least twice a month.
- Vincentians will be available to assist the new Conference until assistance is no longer required.
- Contact us if you have questions concerning the process and for assistance in establishing a new Conference.
"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,
naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me....Amen, I say to you, whatever
you did for one of the least brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."